So, I am not going to do a huge follow-forever because I’m afraid there’d be hurt feelings and I’d miss a bunch of people, and there are a bunch of you I talk to but I can’t keep urls straight anymore. But I feel the need to thank a handful of people for basically keeping me alive this year. The people I don’t mention below are no less important to me, please please please know that. I’m looking forward to the next year on this website with all of you and getting to know some of you much better! I’ve been getting better about putting myself out there and plotting and talking and having fun with more of you, and I’m so excited to continue doing that. But these people below have gotten me through this past year. They’ve listened to me rant and whine and bitched right along with me. They’ve been a huge part of this really huge, trying year for me. Not that you all haven’t been, too. Merry Christmas, I love all of you so much!
- ALYX: i’ve written about how much i adore you a lot. but i can’t really remember a time before you and i were friends? your snapchats make my day, you and i have this unique sort of bond that comes with being in similar situations and despite all the humiliating issues that happened in july, meeting you in person and going to comic con with you was one of the best experiences of my life. you are kind, wonderful, one of the best friends i could have ever imagined having. honestly, you’re too good for me. i love you so so so so so much and i would not have gotten through this year without you. you’re the leslie to my ann forever and ever amen ok ily ur the best.
- COURTNEY: we haven’t talked as much lately, but you’re still one of the best goddamn friends i’ve made on this site. honestly, you’re so talented, kind, wonderful, funny, fun to talk to. it feels like we’ve been friends for so much longer than we have. and hanging out with you in the freezing cold nerd camping at comic con is always going to be one of the top moments of my life. you’ve been awesomely supportive, and you’re someone i can bitch about work to, bitch about life to, etc. having you as a friend has been one of the best parts of the last five years, and you’re honestly one of those friends that i don’t worry if i don’t talk to for a while, because the moment we do talk again it’s like we never stopped.
- LANIE: i cannot even put into words how much you mean to me. especially over the past few months, how much you’ve meant to me. you’ve been one of the few people i can honestly talk to about my worst, most insecure thoughts. the one person who gets the way i feel about online stuff, life stuff, the world, etc. you’ve saved me this year from so many mental breakdowns, and i can’t begin to fathom how i would have survived the past few months without you. there are a lot of other things i want to say, but i’ll just end it with this: you are one of the strongest, kindest, most wonderful human beings i know. and you’ve been basically a therapist for me over the past few months, and i just want you to know i appreciate it so much. i appreciate you so much.
- LINA: honestly, this is something that sometimes frustrates me about you but in a good way. you, lina, push me to be better. and i know you like that because i’ve told you that before, and sometimes it frustrates me because i was perfectly happy being complacent in my little bubble. but you make me want to be a better writer, better roleplayer, better person generally. and you also have been a big part of my life for the last year. you helped me through some really frustrating things, just by being there and listening to me bitch about them. that’s one of my favorite things about being friends with you is that you’re easy to talk to. it’s for a good reason that i was intimidated by you because you’re amazing. but you’re also amazingly funny, fun to talk to, supportive, and challenging in the best way possible. you’ve also been an awesome friend, and i appreciate that so much.
- TAY: sigh. i should probably make this its own post. but i’m lazy and i’ve done posts dedicated to you before. you’re my best friend. online and off. we haven’t talked nearly as much as we used to, but it’s okay because i have known you for longer than i’ve known almost anyone on the internet, and you’re always going to be in my life. even when you’re sleeping in my bathtub because i told you my dad said that was okay, right? no like, honestly the closest i’ve ever come to wanting to up and move out of california was because of you. you’re always there for me, i love you so much. you’ve supported me, your family has supported me to the point where i basically feel like you are my family. you are honestly another sister to me and i will love you for pretty much the rest of my life. i can’t imagine not being friends with you. basically blah blah you know how i feel about you blah blah. you’re the best friend i’ve got.